The report is a collection of articles that resulted from attending the 2018 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) conference. It includes coverage based on discussions with key opinion leaders about how the most important information coming out of the meeting will impact the drug development sector. It also includes trends and intel that the investigative journalist team gathered during the conference.
A sampling of headlines:
• BMS’ TMB-driven approach to bolster Opdivo combination use in NSCLC faces uphill task to convince oncologists
• Idera plans to meet with FDA to discuss tilsotolimod’s accelerated approval for melanoma; 48-50 patients enrolled so far, lead investigator says
• Immunomedics’ sacituzumab has insufficient dataset to pursue accelerated approval despite impressive ORR in HR+ Her2-negative breast cancer, experts say
• Tesaro’s AVANOVA Phase II ovarian cancer study to be amended to include a Zejula/ Avastin/checkpoint inhibitor triplet arm, source says
• BMS’ first-line Opdivo study for HCC not ready for ASCO 2018 readout due to slow death event accrual; pitching for ESMO, source says